|Avid Knowledge Base|
|Pro Tools First 12.8.2|
Last Updated : October 23, 2017
Products Affected : Pro_Tools_First
Pro Tools First 12.8.2 InformationOctober 17th, 2017
System Requirements and Compatibility
- Pro Tools First software uses iLok copy protection and the license can be installed to your computer or an iLok 2 or iLok 3
- Review/manage your licenses in iLok License Manager
- See the Support section of ilok.com for assistance with iLok License Manager, your iLok account, etc.
- An Avid Account is needed for software download and Project storage.
- Use the Avid Application Manager to Download & Install Pro Tools First or update from a previous version.
- Pro Tools First is a full installer (not an updater).
- Xpand!2 is not included in the main installer, but can be downloaded for free (launch Pro Tools First then go to Marketplace > Plug-Ins). Other Virtual Instruments and Effects are available for purchase from Marketplace > Plug-Ins.
- Install the latest compatible driver for your Avid interface if using Mbox, Eleven Rack, etc.
- See the Pro Tools First Software Installation Guide for complete instructions.
- "Maintenance warning" preventing Xpand!2 download. Update your Billing info here.
- "AAE error -6117" on launch. Install the correct Driver for your audio hardware, then hold N while launching Pro Tools First.
- "Permission denied (13)" while creating a Project? Get Info on the Project Cache folder (in Documents > Pro Tools) to see that it's set to Read & Write for your user account.
- Review the Read Me file and Late Breaking Technical Issues before installing or updating Pro Tools for known issues that could impact your workflow.
- Registered users should download & install using Application Manager, but can also find Installers in their Avid Accounts.
- Register/Activate using the Download Now button at apps.avid.com/ProToolsFirst (if you have already activated, simply Login to account.avid.com)
- Click on My Products and Subscriptions
- Click on a Pro Tools First... product in your list
- Click Show to see the available files
- Click on a file name to download the file (Note: If a Server Error is preventing downloads, click here)